Here are a few of the frequently asked questions which we are asked on a regular basis – if you can’t find the answer to your printing question then feel free to give our team a call on 0121 558 2935.
What is the best format to save my artwork for printing?
Our preferred method is PDF.
How do I save artwork to PDF?
With most programmes, the easiest and quickest way to save any artwork to PDF is to:
- Click on File, scroll down to Save or Save As, then choose the PDF option.
- It will then ask you where you want to save it to.
- If you get the option please choose ‘Press quality’
Should I: a) bring in my artwork or b) send via email?
- a) Saving to a memory stick and bringing it into the office is our preferred option, as we can check to see if it is all OK whilst you are there. We will also be able to show you samples of jobs and materials etc at the same time.
- b) If it is more convenient to send via email, that is fine – as long as the file is no larger than *10mb. Please send as an attachment to email@example.com with your contact details so that we can confirm all is well.
- * If the file is larger than 10mb then you could either split the file up, or alternatively send via our FTP site – just contact us for details. (add wetransfer link)
What information do you need from me for a quote/delivery time?
The basic requirements needed are: quantity, finished size of sheet (page), number of colours, how many sides/pages, paper/board thickness (if known), when the job is required for plus delivery/collection details.
Any other details such as who is the target audience, is it a one off job or part of a larger plan, if it is the first time you have ordered print, how you heard about us etc, is all very useful and helps us to have a better idea of your requirements.
What if I don’t know the thickness of paper?
Don’t worry, we will ask you relevant questions to determine the best weight and/or give you the difference in prices and availability.
How can I guarantee that the work will be to my satisfaction and be ready on time?
With over 38 years’ experience we must be doing something right, so you have no worries there
Can I collect or do you deliver?
We can delivery your print on next day service but we are happy for you to collect
What is the best way to pay you?
With all first time orders we ask you to pay by Credit or Debit Card with the order, either in person or via telephone. For subsequent and larger jobs, a Credit Account form can be set up once all credit checks have been carried out and our 30 days payment terms accepted
Do you offer any ‘out of the ordinary’ features?
Yes we do and most can be done in-house keeping the costs down, let us sit down and work out what you would like and see how we can achieve it.